Sister Straw is putting together an order from Walton Feed that we have been invited to participate. Please read through the information she provides. You can download a copy of the orderform HERE. You will need to go File > Download or File > Make A Copy to complete the order form. Email westlakewardreliefsociety@gmail.com if you have any problems with the orderform.
----------
There are a wide variety of products available, with some really great bulk prices on organic products. Their website, http://www.waltonfeed.com/, has lots of information about the products and about being prepared for emergencies. You can also compare features of some products (like wheat grinders) on their website. There is also complete nutritional label information. Look there all you want (shopping on the website may make more sense than trying to shop on the spreadsheet) , but don’t order from the website if you want to take advantage of our discount prices.
The exact delivery date won't be known until after the order is placed, but it will be before the end of the year, hopefully before Thanksgiving.
Shipping will be an additional $0.17 per pound. If you are using the excel spreadsheet, it will calculate shipping and everything for you at the bottom of the sheet.
For this order, all payments must be made by credit card (or ATM/bank card). Please include your card number, expiration date, CID number (the last 3 or 4 digits to the right on the back of your card) and the cardholder’s name. That information can either be in an email, a fax, or on the provided order sheet. Cards will be charged by Walton Feed 2-3 days before the order ships. If you need to pay with check/cash, please find a friend and place an order together using your friend’s credit/bank card.
Please send with your order the name, phone number and email address of an alternate contact that would be willing to pick up your order the day of delivery. Someone must be there to pick up your order. I will make every effort to contact you or your alternate as far in advance of the delivery as possible, but keep in mind that the truck can deliver any day (though usually on a Saturday) and any time of day (including evenings). I’m hoping for a Saturday morning delivery, and that’s what I’ll request. There is no definite pick up location as yet, but it will be on the north side of Houston. If there are unclaimed items at the end of the pick up period on the day of delivery the items will be donated to a needy family. When you order, you are agreeing to this policy. I simply do not have the space in my home to store any items. Please let me know within two weeks if there are any problems with your order. It would be wise to look everything over very carefully at the pickup and then again as you get home. I need to get any potential reimbursements handled as soon as possible after the delivery.
If you have questions, please contact me. I’ll be glad to answer questions, and can find out the answers to whatever I don’t know. I’ve listed my cell phone number below for the last minute, day of delivery emergencies – otherwise, email is my first choice, followed by home, then cell phone (since I likely won’t have your order in front of me if I’m on my cell). Please send this email on to anyone that you think would be interested. The more the merrier! This will be the last order I will be doing any time soon. I know I promised to do it last year, but life has been too crazy. I do know that there is someone else in town doing occasional orders and will send her name and contact info out to the list in the future so you will have a contact for future orders.
Jenna Strawn
8918 Railton
Houston, TX 77080
713-690-6279
713-467-6114 fax
713-252-5473 cell