Homemade Yogurt:
www.everydayfoodstorage.net: search for "Food Storage Yogurt." You will find tons of information.
www.faithfulprovisions.com: on the right hand column, under "Popular Recipes", "Homemade Yogurt" is the first recipe listed there.This has pictures and step by step instructions.
Here is another yogurt recipe, shared by Sister Tracy Westbye:
Here is another yogurt recipe, shared by Sister Tracy Westbye:
1 quart milk (any kind-I do skim or sometimes 2%)
Heat to 200 degrees (or when the entire thing is steaming but not boiling)
Cool to 115 degrees (or when you stick your pinky in it and leave for 10 seconds)
Add honey, vanilla,…( I add a few tablespoons of honey and a few dashes of vanilla).
Add some milk to ¼ cup active plain yogurt and mix and put back into milk and mix
Put into glass jars and lids and put into slightly warm oven (turn on for a minute on 120 degrees then turn off before you put them in)
Leave for 4-5 hours. Put into fridge.
It says it lasts for up to 2 weeks but I know its good much longer. I think that if you want to use some to make the next batch then it might only stay “active” for about 2 weeks. That’s my guess. Once you make it then you can just use some of that to make the next batch and so on, so it gets cheaper and easier. Yeah! I love it with some of my jam in it. Its really good on French toast or with granola….or both.
Magic Shell Fudge Sauce:
www.katy2ndwardpreparedness. blogspot.com: on the right hand column, click on recipes. Scroll down to "Powdered Milk Recipes" from Jan. 16, 2011. The fudge sauce recipe is almost the last one on the list. There are also a couple of yogurt recipes here, and a hot cocoa recipe, and other good recipes.